- The annual youth philately issue, featuring imagery by cartoonist Karl Meersman (January)
- A Visit Belgium tourist issue, with a design by Ever Meulen (February)
- A 3D stamp commemorating the Titanic disaster, as designed by François Schuiten (April)
- A stamp celebrating 50 years of independence in Rwanda and Burundi, designed by Gert Dooreman (May)
- A stamp commemorating the Zenobé Gramme sailing vessel, with artwork by William Vance (September)
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Barbara Dale's TCDS stamp #2 went out on my Christmas cards today.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
I am in the process of starting a Disney on Stamps Study Unit with the American Topical Association. Anyone can join. Membership is free. The society will be online only. At present my Disnemation website has had a few changes made to make it the headquarters of the Disneyana on Stamps Society and once the society is functioning (hopefully by January 2012) a quarterly newsletter will be available for members only. If you are interested check out my website at http://www.disnemation.8m.com/HOME.htm. There is a membership application form on the site, fill it out and email it to me at email@example.com and you will become a life member. No dues!
Also of interest to Cartoon collectors is the new ATA Handbook of Disney on Stamps due early next year. Every Disney stamp from 1968 to 2011 including postal cards, souvenir stamp sheets, aerograms and of course every single stamp!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Master of the cartoonist's pen but burdened by inner turmoil, George Feyer is a long-neglected mid-century pop culture figure.
By Kevin Plummer
Torontoist December 3 2011